Rabi Crops MSP: Ravi crop season minimum support prices increased in the year of 2020 and 21. The Rabi crop minimum support price 2021 is increased in line with the Recommendation of Swaminathan Commission. In this season the latil, gram, rapeseed, musted, barley, sunflowers increase as per quital from rupees 75 to 300. The main objective is encouraging crop diversification. Firstly we have to discuss about minimum support prices we are also known as MPS. The minimum support price is a kind of green tea of minimum price for the Agricultural Products in India. MPS is announced by government of India. MPS is announced by the government of India at the beginning of the sowing season for some crop to protect the procedures that is farmers against acute fall in price during bumper production years.
Rabi Crop MSP
Under minimum support price is approximately 22 crop is declared by the department of agriculture and cooperation governments of India on the Recommendation of the commission for agricultural costs and prices. The brief description regarding crops is,
- The mandated crops are 6 Rabi crops
- 14 crops of the kharif season
- Commercial crops two
- Other 7 cereals is wheat, paddy, bajra, barley,jowar,ragi and maize
- Five pulses- arhar, gram, mung, urad ,lantil
- and oilseeds 8- rapeseed, groundnut, soya bean, toria, sesamum, safflower seeds, sunflower seeds and nigerseed.
- Economic affairs decided to increase the minimum support price for winter crops for the forthcoming Ravi marketing season and the floor price of beat the major Rabi crops went up by 4.6 percent to rs 1925 from rupees 1840 in the previous season.
- The highest increase in minimum support price witnessed by masur whose floor price 7.3% increased to Rupees 4800 as quantal as compared to last year according to the officers.
- This was followed by barley whose MSP went to 5.9% to rs 1525 a quantal as compared to the last season.
- Minimum support price of Beat by rupees 50% to quintal to rupees 1975 per quintal to encourage farmers to increase cultivation of the crop.
Rabi crops are grown in winter and spring season. The new minimum support price policy will ensure a minimum of 50% as margin of profits. It increased in a Rabi crop MSP 2020 21 in a major step toward doubling farmers income by 2022 and improving their welfare substance substantively.
Rabi Crops MSP Detail 2020 Minimum Support Prices
According to the latest news Union Cabinet has approved word hike in minimum support price for Rabi crops such as wheat and gram.
The new farm bill will help farmer widen the range and market area to sell their produce and also negotiate for a better price.
The government proposed 3 new Farmville out of which to have already been passed in both the houses.
Other Government Scheme: Click here
Here we have to provide complete information regarding Rabi crops 2020 minimum support price. Here we also discussed about previous year quintal price and the upcoming years price.
- Crop beat and the MSP for Rabi marketing season 2020 in rupees per quintal is 1925 rupees, And MSP for RMS 2021 and 22 rupees per quintal is a 1975, and the cost of a production of 2020-21 is a 960, absolute increase in MSP is 50 and the return over coast is 106
- For Barley crops, MSP for Rabi marketing Season 2020-21 is rupees 1525 and the MSP for RMS is 1600 and the cost of production is 971, absolute increasing and MSP is 75 and the return over cost is 65.
- For gram crops the MSP for Rabi marketing Season 2020-21 is rupees 4875 and MSP for RMS 2021-22 is rupees 5100, the cost of production is a 20866 and absolute increase in MSP is 225, and return cost is 78 rupees.
- For masur crop MSP of rupees rabi marketing season is 4800, MSP for RMS 2021-22 is rupees a 5100, and the cost of production is 2864, absolute increased prices 300 and the return cost is 78.
- Rapeseed and mustard oil the MSP for Rabi marketing season 20 20-21 is rupees 4425 and MSP for RMS 2020-21 is rupees 4650, cost of production is 2415, absolute increase in MSP is 225 and the return over coast is 93.
- For sunflower MSP for Rabi marketing season per quantal rupees 5215, MSP for RMS is 5327, cost of production is 3551, absolute increase in MSP is 112 and the return over cost is 50.
msp for kharif crops 2019-20
The expected return to farmers over their cost of production are estimated to be highest in case of beat is 106 % followed by a rapeseed and mustard oil is 93% and for grams is 78% and little is 78%.for barley return to farmers over their cost of production is estimated at 65% and for safflower is 50%.
Food Corporation of India and other state agency will continue to provide price support for farmer in case cereals. The respective state government is going to take a procurement of courses gain with approval from central government. Moreover the state government will even distribute entire procured quantity under nfsc.
The government has set up a buffer stock of pulses and domestic procurement of purse is also being done under price stabilization fund. NAFED, SFAC and other Central Government Agencies will continue to undertake procurement of pulses and oilseeds. The losses suffered by nodal agencies may be fully Reimbursed by the central government as per the guideline.